The instructions on this page are meant for students who write the competition at home.
Before the competition
- Familiarize yourself with the Competition Rules.
- Read the upload instructions on this Moodle page and try out the example upload.
- Sign and upload the Fairness Declaration on this Moodle page.
- Inform your family that you will need to work on the problems for five hours without distraction. In particular, make sure they are aware that you are not available for lunch before 14:00 CEST.
- Remove any forbidden items from your desk, and turn your mobile phones off (or to flight mode or do-not-disturb) so that you are not interrupted.
- Set an alarm for 14:00 CEST so that you do not miss the end of the competition.
- At 09:00 CEST, the problems will become available on this Moodle page. You can access and print any languages you are interested in.
During the competition
- If you have a question about the problems (see Competition Rules), send it to email@example.com. You will receive the reply at the same email address you wrote from.
- You are only allowed to leave your room for going to the toilet or to fetch fresh water/drinks/snacks.
- You have to stop working on the problems after exactly 5 hours. (You are allowed to hand in the papers earlier, but then you are not allowed to return later.)
- Even if you hand in the papers earlier, you are not allowed to publish the problems or talk about them with anyone until the end of the competition.